Wednesday 27 November 2013

Success is not an event, it’s a journey


Colors based on the Color Code Personality Code. The first ever motive based assessment. Dig deeper.



You enter this world crying, screaming and cold. Everything moves too fast, you're dunked in something cold, you're wrapped in something scratchy, you're hungry, your vision is blurred and they hand you over...... Into warm hands that are ready to receive you.

You can feel the warmth in her look. You are safe and secure. You hear the sound of her voice and calm down when you hear the familiar sound of her heart.....

If only all relationships were this easy to cultivate and yet, they are the lifeline of survival. One of the toughest yet most rewarding relationships....is that of a Red & Blue. I have been unbelievably blessed and terribly cursed with several of these in my life. As a Red, I understand emotion but only from a LOGICAL point of view.

My bullet point speech is not meant to offend you but to get us through the topic quickly and efficiently. I don't need the doily under the teapot, just the hot water inside. But I often find myself smack dab in the middle of the teapot when my Blue counterparts feel I am not listening nor caring about what they are saying.

My father is Blue, my mother is Blue, my sister is blue, my best friend is blue and my secondary colour is blue but I AM RED...so I find myself in a hot mess far too often.

As a red I often didn't understand that just being there, was enough. I always have the need to quantify things. So my understanding of "being there" was doing something for someone and then moving on to the next thing. I didn't understand their need to actually hear a full answer from the question: "How was your day?"

In my mind, a one word answer was sufficient so I never understood when they had the need to then proceed to tell me the minute details of their day. I wanted it summarized and in bullet point format. But as I learnt to listen, take in their day and enjoy the nuances of each of these beautiful individuals’ personalities... I learnt the value of collecting moments, not things.

This does not in any way mean that I have absolutely solved the mystery that is the Blue, in my life. Not by a long shot...but I sure have come a long way. Sometimes, their emotional perspective on things that are merely logical to me, leaves me baffled.

Life-coach @LesBrown said: “#Success is not an #event, it’s a #journey.” There’s nothing like enjoying the small triumphs that lead to successful relationships with the people you choose to share your life with, as you learn to hear what they say.

This journey isn’t permanent. Let them wipe away your tears, scream from excitement with you and warm your heart in the cold winters of life. Slow down and take it all in. Skinny-dip in a lake on a hot summer’s evening. Wrap them in a warm fuzzy embrace as your connection fills your soul.

Your vision will clear as you realize how many times they have said “I love you” without you understanding what they were saying.

1 comment:

  1. Well written Alu.I love the fact that you quoted Les Brown. My own blog will be in motion soon and it looks like we are passionate about the same topic.Well done again and keep it up. I will be keeping a close eye :-)

    ReplyDelete