Tuesday 3 December 2013

Footless Pantyhose - are you crazy?!

I receive messages from +BrianWalsh on a daily basis. Today he speaks about +SaraBlakely.

I love her because she made the perfect stockings for me. I hate stockings - but she took off the feet at the bottom - one of my worst pet peeve and created the +Spanx!

Unfortunately there are women that wear these as tights.... worrying. I guess there are unintended consequences to just about everything.

So who is this Sara? Well.. she is an American businesswoman and founder of Spanx, a multi-million dollar undergarment company.She is the world's youngest self-made female billionaire. In 2012, she was named in #Time100, an annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world assembled by +Time. - +Wikipedia

She was 27 yrs old at the time. Not bad for the now 42 year old!

We all come up with numerous ideas everyday that are ingenious but we let them slip by as we continue being slaves to our everyday lives.

She went to companies pitching her idea - they rejected it as silly - little did they know there were millions like me waiting for this product. Just saying 'I wish there were stockings that didn't have feet!'

So the next time you say 'I wish there were ____________ that did _______'. If everyone else thinks it is a silly idea, do your market research, sell it then create it. What will it cost you? A couple of decades working 9 -5. Okay.... and the benefits? Well - look at Sara Blakely, she saw a need, from something simple, and she filled it. Walla!

No comments:

Post a Comment